This new briefing sets out the case for scrapping the Coalition’s immigration cap in favour of the SMF's preferred new target - an aims to increase public confidence in the immigration system by 2020.
This report draws on new data analysis, interviews and focus groups, and a nationally representative poll to provide an in-depth understanding of low income consumers' experiences of value in different markets. It sets out four key areas to be addressed by policymakers to ensure markets are better tailored to the needs and demands of low income consumers.
Join us for the launch of a major new report with Health Minister Norman Lamb MP. The report explores ways in which the next government can carry out the integration, and proper funding, of health and social care services.
At this ESRC sponsored Chalk + Talk session Professor Rachel Gibson will review findings on whether online campaigning methods work and how their effectiveness compares with more traditional GOTV (get out the vote) efforts.
SMF Research Director Nigel Keohane writes that the decision today to give Greater Manchester responsibility for a £6bn health and social care budget is a game changer in the pursuit of better care and more efficient use of care spending.
Reverse auction schemes – where suppliers bid for consumer’s business – would spark fresh competition in consumer markets and help those on low incomes achieve better value for money, says a new report by think tank the Social Market Foundation (SMF).
SMF Economist Katie Evans looks at why bonds are so underused by UK savers compared to their European counterparts – and how we can fix this.
Leading politicians, health experts and practitioners call for urgent action on the funding and integration of health and social care in a major new essay collection, released today by think tank the Social Market Foundation (SMF). A Problem Shared: Essays … Continued
SMF Research Director Nigel Keohane examines Universal Credit’s national roll-out. He argues that there is quite a bit of rolling-out still to do because as of January 2015, there were 26,940 claimants on Universal Credit. This constitutes only 0.3% of the 8 million households that should end up on Universal Credit. So, he asks, what must we have in mind when thinking about the remaining 99.7%?