The SMF is seeking a new Chief Economist. The appointee will replace Kathryn Petrie, who is leaving for a senior role in international public policy.
This is an opportunity to join an influential Westminster think-tank in a senior role, working on research to address the big economic and social problems facing the UK. The SMF is Britain’s leading cross-party think-tank and a registered charity overseen by its Chair, Mary Ann Sieghart and the Board of Trustees.
The role of Chief Economist is a wide-ranging and influential role within the SMF. The appointee will help shape the topics that the SMF analyses and the policies put forward, as well as interacting widely with politicians, officials, leading figures from industry, academia and the media.
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the header “Chief Economist application”. Please read the job description carefully for full details of how to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to download, complete and return the equality and diversity monitoring form from the link above. Please note, this is optional and not a condition of applying.
- The deadline for applications is 9am on Thursday 2nd July
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial interview – to be held via Zoom – during the week starting 6th July
- To discuss this post informally with James Kirkup, SMF Director, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathryn Petrie is also available to discuss the role with prospective candidates, email email@example.com